Brownshill - Hospitality
Our guesthouse reflects the simplicity of the Cistercian way of life and, at the same time, is warm and comfortable. We welcome all who wish to ‘come away for a while’ from the hustle and bustle of everyday life to benefit from the peace of the monastery, the presence of a prayerful Community and from the lovely surrounding countryside.
Time to pray, time to be quiet, time to read, time to think, time simply to 'be'.......
Come for a Quiet Day or for a longer stay.........
See programme for list of available retreats which are organised by the Sisters......
We welcome a wide variety of day groups: parishes, organisations, schools, bible study groups....
We have 14 rooms, 5 of which are twin so can accommodate up to 19.
Our facilities allow for up to 30 with either a cooked lunch or a packed lunch.
Enquiries may be made in writing to the Bookings Secretary (please send a SAE), by phone 01453 883084 or by e-mail to email@example.com
We would not want anyone to be deprived of a retreat or quiet time for financial reasons. For those who are able, we suggest the following donations for 2014/15/16:
- £85 for an advertised weekend led by a sister. (£90 from January 2017)
- £38 full board per 24 hours. (£40 from January 2017)
- £ 25 bed and breakfast (£27 from January 2017)
- £13 for day with cooked lunch provided. (£14 from January 2017)
- £8 for day for those bringing packed lunch (£8.50 from January 2017).
An extra contribution is appreciated if we provide a sister as a speaker for a group or to accompany an individual. (Reg Charity: 241743)
- Please indicate your time of arrival (a.m. or p.m.)
- Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements or special needs - we can cater for most but not all diets.
- Breakfast can be taken before or after Mass.
- Lunch is served at 12.45 p.m. and supper at 6.30 p.m.
- Sturdy footwear and suitable clothing are desirable if you enjoy walking.
- We are unable to accept pets.
- We operate a strict no smoking policy throughout the building.
- There is no wireless network in the guest areas - if you need access to the internet please bring the necessary equipment. The mobile phone signal is strong.
- Meals in silence can be offered on request at the time of booking.
- By prior arrangement, and outside the Community times of prayer, groups are welcome to hold their own services in the Chapel.
- Please bring soap and towel.
- We ask resident guests to help with the washing-up and table laying.
- The Chapel is fitted with a loop system.